Woodford Reserve’s Assistant Master Distiller Elizabeth McCall dropped by Draper James in The Summit on Tuesday, April 10 for a fun, bourbon filled Derby party.
Hats, shoes, and colorful dresses were every where in sight. As patrons shopped around for the best Derby outfit, Draper James associates offered styling tips and Woodford Reserve provided the libations. You had your choice of red or white wine, a Woodford Reserve mint julep in a specialty Derby cup, or an Old Fashioned served in a Snifter Glass and garnished with a bourbon soaked black cherry.
As the crowd sipped their specialty drinks and shopped for the best look, Elizabeth McCall taught us how to make the $1000 Mint Julep that will be sold exclusively at the 144th Kentucky Derby in May.
Woodford Reserve’s 2018 $1,000 Mint Julep Cup Recipe
- Start by rubbing fresh mint on the inside of the cup to release the crisp aroma
- Add 2 oz of Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon
- 2 bar scoops (1 teaspoon) of Kentucky Sorghum syrup from Woodford County Kentucky
- Stir and top with crushed ice
- Garnish with rose petals and 2 leaves of Kentucky Colonel mint
- Sip & enjoy!
To advertise in Summit Guide, call 859.268.0945